November 27, 2009

Two-Bite Pure Chocolate Bliss

If you love chocolate then I predict you will love these Double-Shot Mocha Chunk cookies.  They are little bites of pure chocolate bliss.  I receive email updates from the Baker's Banter blog at the King Arthur Flour website. This recipe appeared not too long ago and I knew as soon as I saw it that I would have to try it soon.  These cookies are like little baked truffles.  I did not have the chocolate chunks so I used semi-sweet chips and cappuccino chips.



  


Double-Shot Mocha Chunks

Ingredients
1/2 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon espresso powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2/3 cup Dutch-process cocoa
1 3/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
1 cup semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
1 cup chocolate chunks: semisweet, white, or espresso


 Preparation
  1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease or line with parchment two cookie sheets.
  2. In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, baking powder, espresso powder, and salt.
  3. Add the eggs and vanilla, beating until smooth.
  4. Stir in the cocoa powder and flour; the dough will be stiff.
  5. Mix in the chocolate chips and chunks.
  6. Drop the cookies by tablespoonfuls (about 1 1/2" balls) onto the prepared baking sheets, leaving about 1 1/2" between them. A tablespoon cookie scoop works well here.
  7. Bake the cookies for 10 minutes. Remove them from the oven, and allow them to cool on the pan.

Yield: 3 dozen cookies






2 comments:

Thanks for visiting my blog. I'd love to hear from you, so please leave a comment.